Patient Participation Group
The Red House Surgery Patient Participation Group is a group of Red House Surgery patients who are keen to work together with members of the practice team to develop areas of health care services at the Practice.
The aims of this group are to:
- Provide means for patients to make positive suggestions about the practice, and specific medical conditions such as an expert or experienced patient.
- Act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care.
- Give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in their practice.
- Develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients, such as befriending, help with transport, and bereavement support.
- Encourage health education activities within the practice.
Could I join the group?
We are looking to invite more patients to join us and get involved in our monthly meetings. No experience is necessary, just a willingness to work together.
A sense of humour would be a great advantage, along with a genuine interest to be involved with members of the practice population and local community, and an understanding that change can be beneficial.
Ideally we would like a variety of ages, abilities, and ethnic backgrounds. Other individual skills would certainly be appreciated but are not essential.
How to contact the group
- Attend a monthly meeting; meetings are rotated between Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Every other meeting is a themed meeting where we have a guest speaker.
- Telephone the practice manager on 01908 375111.
- Visit the surgery and ask the receptionist to speak with the practice manager regarding joining the group.
- Contact the PPG via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to register with the PPG, please complete our online Patient Participation Group Registration form.